Hello to everyone who has been following this blog for many years - I'm still blogging, I'm just moving over to https://www.claireheffer.com/blog - please continue to follow and let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been kind enough to visit over the years. May the lists continue...

Sunday 23 December 2018

PODCAST: UNCOVER: ESCAPING NXIVM




XIVM calls itself a humanitarian community. Experts and critics call it a cult. Uncover: Escaping NXIVM is a new CBC investigative podcast series about the group, its leader, Keith Raniere, and one woman's journey to get out. Read about what drew Sarah Edmondson to Raniere and his followers and how she ended up turning on him.

MY VERDICT: I loved this podcast, I loved how it laid out the facts, opinions, and both sides of the arguments and asked some really difficult questions. Questions like; what makes a cult a cult? How can someone be in a cult and not know? How do you escape a cult?

I would recommend listening to this podcast, you get a unique view on a fascinating story and it’s ongoing so there’s still lots to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment