Hello to everyone who has been following this blog for many years - I'm still blogging, I'm just moving over to https://www.claireheffer.com/blog - please continue to follow and let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been kind enough to visit over the years. May the lists continue...

Thursday 4 April 2019

 




PERSONAL POSTS: MY PLANTS

I have an Aloe named Kevin; he was my first plant, given to me by my best friend Rebecca on my birthday (for my 30thI believe). He has almost died twice but changing pots and a spell outside brought him back to life (and made him grow seed pods.) 

My next plant is a small Swiss cheese plant called Cornelius (ironically a name I really struggle to spell.) My boyfriend bought him for me for my birthday after I moved into my house. Cornelius almost died when the hot weather surprised us this year, I repotted him the day before and accidentally left him in the conservatory (otherwise known as the hottest place in the world.) He burnt to a crisp – his leaves were like tissue paper. But as the base of his stem was still green, I didn’t give up. I worked hard to bring him back to life and now he’s around the same size as before the accident. 

Colin is my latest plant. I bought him for myself at Ikea, I’d been looking for one just like him for a while now – a big leaved Swiss cheese plant.  I’ve only had him a short time and luckily (fingers crossed) he’s been healthy, with new leaves appearing all the time. 

Am I the only one who names my plants? How about you, have you named any of your plants?



No comments:

Post a Comment