Hello to everyone who has been following this blog for many years - I'm still blogging, I'm just moving over to https://www.claireheffer.com/blog - please continue to follow and let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been kind enough to visit over the years. May the lists continue...

Saturday 30 May 2015



A CRUISE TO ITALY AND CROATIA

I have been meaning to post about my holiday for a little while (I got back last Thursday) but have been so busy that I just have not had the time.  I went on a cruise to Croatia and Italy; it was a birthday present to my Dad who wanted to go on a family holiday. 

We had five stop offs, we started in Dubrovnik, then onto Rovinj, Trieste, Venice, Zadar, and Split.  I had never been to either of these countries before and had no idea what to expect but I was definitely impressed.  Both countries are very picturesque, with mountains in the distance, beautiful little red roofed buildings, castles, ruins and clear water at the coast. 

My dad took thousands of pictures and walked miles and miles.  Me, my sister and my mum were a little more laid back.  We ate a lot of ice cream, the ice cream in Italy (Venice especially) is the best I’ve ever tasted, I mostly have lemon flavor. 


Venice is one of the most unreal places I’ve ever been and getting up at 6 in the morning to watch the ship go into the Grand Canal was really very special. Here are some photos, and if you are planning to visit any of the places mentioned and you’d like to ask some questions please don’t hesitate…

No comments:

Post a Comment