Hello to everyone who has been following this blog for many years - I'm still blogging, I'm just moving over to https://www.claireheffer.com/blog - please continue to follow and let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been kind enough to visit over the years. May the lists continue...

Tuesday 15 November 2016



FILM 1591: 25TH HOUR 

TRIVIA: Tobey Maguire bought the rights to the original novel with the intent of starring. He later decided to do Spider-Man (2002), although he did stay on this film as a producer.

Writer David Benioff said in a BBC interview, "The first time I saw [Edward Norton] on set he pulled back his hair and showed me his widow's peak. In the book, Monty Brogan has a widow's peak, but I hadn't mentioned it in the script. But Edward so wanted to be in character that he wore a prosthetic widow's peak for the entire shoot."

Monty's line, "Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends," is a Francis Bacon quote.

David Benioff, who wrote the original novel is one of the two creators of the Game of Thrones series on HBO.

The film cast includes two Oscar winners: Anna Paquin and Philip Seymour Hoffman; and one Oscar nominee: Edward Norton.



No comments:

Post a Comment