Hello to everyone who has been following this blog for many years - I'm still blogging, I'm just moving over to https://www.claireheffer.com/blog - please continue to follow and let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been kind enough to visit over the years. May the lists continue...

Thursday 3 May 2018

FILM 1772: REINDEER GAMES



FILM 1772: REINDEER GAMES

TRIVIA: In October 2007, Charlize Theron said in an interview in Esquire magazine that "Reindeer Games" was her least favorite of all her films. She said: "That was a bad, bad, bad movie. But I got to work with John Frankenheimer. I wasn't lying to myself - that's why I did it."

According to Danny Trejo, the reason Vin Diesel was replaced in the role that Donal Logue wound up playing was because Diesel was offered a starring role in The Fast and the Furious (2001). Diesel wisely went with The Fast and the Furious (2001), and was discharged from this movie.

John Frankenheimer's last feature-length, theatrically distributed film.

Originally planned for a Christmas 1999 release, but delayed until February 2000 after a poor test screening in mid 1999.

The film cast includes three Oscar winners: Ben AffleckCharlize Theron, and Isaac Hayes; and one Oscar nominee: Gary Sinise.

DIRECTOR_TRADEMARK: [people falling through ice]: A crucial moment of drama in this film.


No comments:

Post a Comment